Wednesday, July 18, 2012

NESTING



nest /nest/, noun:
a structure or place made or
chosen by a bird for laying eggs
and sheltering its young.

I gotta be honest, I have been pretty down in the dumps these days. Ever have those times where you just feel uninspired? well I have been there for weeks! Then this sweet mama robin decided to nest in my fence!!!! She even let me get several close ups of her baby! I have watched her tend her nest day in and day out. Pateintly caring for  her eggs and then her babies....which reminded me, of course, of the mothering nature we as women possess. Whether we have our own children or not, the desire to "nest" runs deep. My own nest is  my sanctuary, my place to create and express myself.....but also the place where I nurture my family. So even in my longest most frustrating days in my heart is the desire to nest, to build and grow and love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment