Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
I am not gonna lie, I love birthdays, not just mine, but everyones'! This year, on May 10th, I had an exceptionally great one!!!! Right now our little family is down to one car! My husband surprised me with this beauty, which I have dubbed "my sweet new ride" He even presented it to me parked in the driveway with a big red bow tied to it(like he just bought me a brand new beemer! lol) my little boys bought me the basket attached to the front. I am looking forward to logging many miles this summer! Also special to me, my dear friend from childhood, Amy Fountain Jackson, presented a gift that will be near and dear to my heart for many years to come. Our mothers, Maureen(me) and Holly(Amy's mom) met before either of us were born. both of our dads were in the army, he father(Bob) was deployed in Vietnam and my father(Fran) was new to the base. Our moms became instant kindred spirits. Amys' whole family, including her younger brother Christian moved here to Ohio, from Arizona, so our moms could be together! We spent our childhoods antiquing and going to flea markets with our parents, buying vintage marbles and sea monkeys as "treats" for good behavior! Sadly, Amy's mother passed away suddenly 10 years ago. We all had broken hearts, but none more broken than Amy at the loss of her beloved Mother. So, you can imagine my delight, when as part of my gift, Amy gave me a set of her moms vintage linens. I have recently started collecting porcelain swans, from thrift stores and flea market. Believe it or not these particular linens were embroidered with SWANS!!!!! This is why I just love this lifelong friend of mine!!!!<3 . And shout out to my amazing sister, Katie ! As a mother of 3, I don't have very much of a budget for clothing. Every year my sister, amazing fashionista that she is, crafts a beautiful outfit for me for my birthday. She always chooses something that is at the height of fashion, which would have inevitably been something I would never have chosen for myself!! she gets me out of my box and I  wear something that makes me feel absolutely mamaliscious!!!!! I will close with my wish for all of you to have an amazing, fabulous birthday and year to follow!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment