Wednesday, May 23, 2012

making my garden grow



coffee. garden. coffee. does a good morning need anything else? -Betsy Canas Garmon

I just wanted to share a few pics of the beginnings of my outdoor decorating. I will soon be adding to my kitchen herb garden, mounds of fresh basil and parsley. There is nothing quite as satisfying as stepping out your back door and choosing the herbs you will add to your meal that day! :) then Potted vegetables and I will add raspberry and strawberry plants to the ever expanding berry patch behind my shed. The boys are very excited at the prospect that they will pick berries from our very own garden and eat them at breakfast! Meals are eaten outdoors here as much as weather permits. oh summer, how I love you!!!!

Earth here is so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest. - Douglas William Jerrold

4 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful...I am thinking you should come to my house and do all of this. :) I love being outside but I am terrified of bugs and my yard is a breeding ground for horrifying insects so I NEVER go in our yard. I am semi-sad about it. Anyway, yay for summer and yay for gardens! :)

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you get rid of the poison ivy, I will be more than glad to help!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! It looks so cute (love the bike), and that's SO you to have fresh herbs to pick! (ha!)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete