Tuesday, May 1, 2012

If I knew you were comin' I'd have baked a cake



Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake


I got this crazy urge to bake a cake Sunday night....an internet search and the unearhting of  a bundt cake pan I havent used for years resulted in this deliscious lemon bundt cake.

Ingredients:

1 Cup Butter, Softened ( I substitute fat free organic yogurt)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 t. lemon extract
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 cup milk
1 t. grated lemon peel

Glaze:
1/4 cup lemon juice(i squeeze it fresh)
1 T. water 1/2 t. lemon extract
3/4 cup sugar

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk.Stir in lemon peel. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake on 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until a tootpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert on a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.Place wire rack on waxed paper. combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. cool completely before serving.

we actually served it up while it was still slightly warm. The boys loved this as a bedtime snack with a nice big glass of milk! (and their Daddy didnt mind havin 2 slices himself!)

which brings me to how much i hate washing dishes! A household of five and NO dishwasher!!!! I recently remembered this poem my mom had hanging in her cupboard when I was a kid, here it is:



Thank God For Dirty Dishes: by anonymous

Thank God for dirty dishes;
They have a tale to tell,
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well
with home, health and happiness,
I shouldnt want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence,
God's very good to us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment