Sunday, April 1, 2012

Apron making part 1

here's the goodies i purchased on my day out with my friend Carol Cox. First we fueled up with a nice big cup o' Starbucks. We were meeting to pick out what we wanted to make for our first project in the Mary Janes Farmgirl Sisterhood.(think girl scouts for adults)If you arent familiar with Mary Janes Farm, i highly suggest you check out her website and mag. www.maryjanesfarm.com To get your entry level badge, you have to make a half apron. *sigh* i am not a sewer, on machines that is....i can sew the heck out of stuff by hand....but it takes FOREVER. soooooo, carol is going to teach me to use a sewing machine. i dont think she realizes what she has gotten into, because i confess, sewing machines make me anxious. However, onward i roll, because there are lots of things i want to make!!!! after choosing  our apron patterns, on to Anna Louises needle arts. I love this shop, they have a huge selection of felted wool, beautiful fabrics, tools of the trade, and lots of classes and groups to be involved in. This is where I purchased the adorable fabric and also found this ridiculously cool book shown in the picture. So, this is the preview of my apron. The small bubble print fabric will be the body of my apron and the flowered fabric will be the trim and pocket...lets see if i can do this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment